- Fear of abandonment
- Not feeling safe or protected
- Not being visible, paid attention to
- Fear of confrontation and things getting out of control—anger and rage
- Fear of being picked on or humiliated
- Fear of being smothered and enmeshed
- Having to be perfect, to do everything right
- Fear of being loved just for externals (physical body, money, position in life) and not for who you are internally
- Fear of dependence.
The origin of these wounds may have nothing to do with your husband but when you experience moments of regression from these old childhood wounds, they impact your marriage and need to be addressed. Healing old wounds requires patience for you and your husband and your marriage will reap enormous rewards.